Day 63 of 365 - May 22, 2013                                                                                 Free 4 Day!

Post anything you want, just make sure it's related to Divergent
I'm sharing the different Divergent covers

Monday, June 24, 2013

Shudder



After being away for a while I'm back today with the Shudder tour stop.

Book

It's only been three days, and already everything is different.
Paragon is behind her, but somehow Alessa's life may actually have gotten worse. In a wrenching twist of fate, she traded the safety and companionship of her sister for that of her true love, losing a vital partner she'd counted on for the ordeal ahead. Her comfortable university life is but a distant memory, as she faces the prospect of surviving a bleak winter on the meager remains of a ravaged world. And if she'd thought she'd tasted fear upon seeing a ghost, she was wrong; now she's discovering new depths of terror while being hunted by a deadly virus and a terrifying pack of superhuman creatures thirsting for blood.
And then there are the visions.
The memory-altering "stitch" unlocked something in Alessa's mind, and now she can't shake the constant flood of alien feelings ransacking her emotions. Haunting memories of an old flame are driving a deep and painful rift into her once-secure relationship. And a series of staggering revelations about the treacherous Engineers - and the bone-chilling deceit shrouding her world's sorry history - will soon leave Alessa reeling...
The second installment in the electrifying Stitch Trilogy, Shudder follows Samantha Durante's shocking and innovative debut with a heart-pounding, paranormal-dusted dystopian adventure sure to keep the pages turning.


Purchase links

Amazon


Author


Samantha Durante lives in Westchester County, New York with her husband, Sudeep, and her cat, Gio. Formerly an engineer at Microsoft, Samantha left the world of software in 2010 to pursue her entrepreneurial dreams and a lifelong love of writing. A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania’s Jerome Fisher Program in Management & Technology, Samantha is currently working full time for her company Medley Media Associates as a freelance business writer and communications consultant. The Stitch Trilogy is her debut series.



Connect with Samantha

Website


Review

I've mentioned before that my favorite books to read are dystopian, there are a lot of stories already in this genre but this series is new. Is full of twists you don't see coming, the story makes you want to keep reading to find out what is happening with the characters. Even the second book brings new things, it's not just a second part that tries to prepare you for the end. Even so, it still gives you answers, new details and further explanation.

The characters are easy to like and you get so involved with them right away. I found it easier to relate to them because they're older than the usual YA characters; at first I was wondering if this was NA. Even though you have more than two characters talking, they're easy to identify as soon as you start a new chapter. You get to see different parts from this world without being too confusing.

The plot was very interesting and different. I had forgotten why I wanted to read it when I first heard of Stitch, but as I started reading them for this tour I remembered that it sounded like something exciting and it's something you don't find easily. It's like a mixture of ideas that work out together; it has different topics that I've always found interesting turned into a great story.
Reading takes you to new places and in this case, it really takes you to different exciting places in one unique world.

Giveaway

Enter the Giveaway HERE!!!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome giveaway!! :) Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very interested in this one. Sounds like a great story. Welcome back! Thank you so much for sharing :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just got this one today! I look forward to reading it. :)

    Hope you are doing well. Haven't seen you around in a while. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read the first, but sounds like great stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rivie, nice to have you back! I took a break too. I haven't heard much about this series. The covers are great! When I fall back into a dystopian mood, I'll have to check it out. Hope to see you around the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. :D
I try to reply as soon as I can and on your blog. If I can't find your blog I'll reply here.