Day 63 of 365 - May 22, 2013                                                                                 Free 4 Day!

Post anything you want, just make sure it's related to Divergent
I'm sharing the different Divergent covers

Friday, February 22, 2013

Jesse James Book Review


Jesse James and the Dragon's Egg! Feast your mind on the thrilling adventures of young Jesse James as he and his friends plunge headlong into peril! See the horrible Shaddach! Read on, aghast as these living dead creatures hunt our heroes mercilessly! Fear the vile Arthur King! See this madman destroy everything that is dear to our noble young heroes! Thrill to daring escapes and feats of bravery never before seen by man! Watch as these brave children face death and danger where even adults fear to tread! Beware Jesse James, for evil walks among us!



A fantasy world filled with strange names and odd events. It's quite an interesting read, it has its funny moments and you wont expect half the things happening throughout the plot. I pictured another dragon book and I was not expecting any of it.

I never thought I would read something like this. This kind of fantasy has never appealed to me but it was entertaining. Weird names, hard to pronounce, and ideas, there were some parts where I was so confused, I felt like we really didn't get an explanation but maybe it's up to us, the readers to understand or accept.

I think this book would appeal to younger kids because it's filled with adventure and the young character is a nice boy, loyal to his friends, ready to face whatever comes, trying to make sense of what's happening, in a world he never knew existed.
I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I had read this when I was younger, trying to escape life and dreaming of fantasy worlds filled with amazing creatures.

I felt like I had been reading this forever. It was a little too much fantasy and confusion for me, but I liked it. I felt like I needed a break after I finished it though, but I have still a lot of books to read before the end of the month so that was not possible.

I think I should say this, I know I've said before that I don't really mind errors but I know some do. I did find some errors, just letting you know if you decide to read it, maybe if you expect them it wont be as bad lol (for those that are offended by them)

You can find it here: Smashwords

Favorite parts:
I like how at the beginning, the Prologue, the narrator talks directly to you, it makes you feel like part of the story.
"'This is Gog and Magog. They are under strict orders not to eat you.' He glared sideways at the two of them. 'Do not tease them.'"

4 comments:

  1. I have read quite a few with hard to pronounce names and places as well as confusing fantasy elements so I get that frustration. I really like what you listed under your favorite parts - the prologue looks really funny. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, there were some parts where I was just confused lol
      I've read others like that. When I first started reading The Maze Runner, I remember I was going crazy with all the weird words and not knowing anything. Until I figured that's probably how the main character felt

      Delete
  2. So glad you enjoyed it. I know it's rough with hard names, but sounds like it's a great story and lots happens. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very adventurous and it is a great story

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment. :D
I try to reply as soon as I can and on your blog. If I can't find your blog I'll reply here.